Hauppauge Nova-T 500 not recognised by driver due to USB ID.

Dear all,
I think this is a bug.
In summary: I have a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 dual-tuner DVB-T PCIcard that is not recognised by the DVB driver because it has astrange USB ID.  When the source is edited to force recognitionof the card as a Nova-T 500, it works.
I had some spare time this weekend so decided to upgrade the OSon the house MythTV box, add a DVB-T tuner card, and swaparchitecture to amd64 distribution from i386.  I now have Debian4.0 (etch) for amd64, running the current stable 2.6.18-5-686kernel.  Following the linuxtv wiki page for this card, Idownloaded the driver with mercurial and compiled itagainst my kernel.  I needed to create a symlink from/lib/modules/2.6.18-5-amd64/source to /lib/modules/2.6.18-5-amd64/buildas the driver expected 'source', otherwise the build and installwas clean and smooth.  dvb-usb-dib0700-03-pre1.fw is in place.  Iam in the United Kingdom and therefore am using PAL-I.
BTW I know I have an early-ish model Nova-T, definitely not the"Diversity" card.  FWIW these are the markings on my card:
WinTV-NOVA-T-500DVB-T 99101 LFRev D8B5
Initially the card doesn't work.  When dvb-usb-dib0700 ismodprobed, this all that appears in dmesg:
dib0700: loaded with support for 5 different device-typesusbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_dib0700
That's it, just the two lines.  Searching around this problem, thepenny dropped when I saw talk about a change to the USB ID of theNova-T cards with the unsupported "Diversity" revision - my carddoesn't have a Hauppauge ID it seems:
$ lsusbBus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000Bus 005 Device 002: ID 10b8:0066 DiBcomBus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000Bus 003 Device 002: ID 413c:2003 Dell Computer Corp.Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
(Verbose lsusb output below.  DiBcom is thecard obviously, theother item is a USB keyboard.)
Back to the source, I edited linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-ids.h sothat card 10b8:0066 is recognised as a Hauppauge Nova-T 500.When recompiled, the driver now recognises and initialises thecard and /dev/dvb is populated correctly.  dmesg now looksnormal:
dib0700: loaded with support for 5 different device-typesdib0700: firmware started successfully.dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T' in warm state.dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T)DVB: registering frontend 0 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T)DVB: registering frontend 1 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input2dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T successfully initialized and connected.usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_dib0700
I can now scan for channels, tune in with tzap and watch aprogramme with mplayer, so I conclude the card would be OK if thedriver included the relevant ID in dvb-usb-ids.h.
Thanks,
Andrew Preater
Here is lsusb info about this card:
============= snip ============= $ sudo lsusb -v -d 10b8:0066
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 10b8:0066 DiBcom Device Descriptor:  bLength                18  bDescriptorType         1  bcdUSB               2.00  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)  bDeviceSubClass         0   bDeviceProtocol         0   bMaxPacketSize0        64  idVendor           0x10b8 DiBcom  idProduct          0x0066   bcdDevice            2.00  iManufacturer           1 DiBcom SA  iProduct                2 HOOK  iSerial                 0   bNumConfigurations      1  Configuration Descriptor:    bLength                 9    bDescriptorType         2    wTotalLength           46    bNumInterfaces          1    bConfigurationValue     1    iConfiguration          0     bmAttributes         0xa0      (Bus Powered)      Remote Wakeup    MaxPower              500mA    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        0      bAlternateSetting       0      bNumEndpoints           4      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class      bInterfaceSubClass      0       bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT        bmAttributes            2          Transfer Type            Bulk          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes        bInterval               1      Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            2          Transfer Type            Bulk          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes        bInterval               1      Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN        bmAttributes            2          Transfer Type            Bulk          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes        bInterval               1      Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN        bmAttributes            2          Transfer Type            Bulk          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes        bInterval               1Device Qualifier (for other device speed):  bLength                10  bDescriptorType         6  bcdUSB               2.00  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)  bDeviceSubClass         0   bDeviceProtocol         0   bMaxPacketSize0        64  bNumConfigurations      1Device Status:     0x0000  (Bus Powered)