Re: Video and audio pid problems with dvb-t channels in Norway

Il Sunday 30 September 2007 21:16:42 Per Thomas Jahr ha scritto:
> On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 20:55 +0200, Per Thomas Jahr wrote:
>
> > but the video and audio pid for me is always 0 after a scan.

> > (see http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~perja/channels.conf)
>
> Hmm, in channels.conf there is a service named "Bootload". Could
> that have anything to do with me getting no video and audio pid?
> From googling a bit, it seems that this service is a way to
> initialize and upgrade the setup boxes. But how can I use it from
> linux-dvb?
>
> Anyone knows?

yes, those 0-pids may indicate a generic data service, including
firmware updates.
Of all those channels only National Geographic seem to be playable
(as audio only), that is very suspicious.

If you compile dvbstream from cvs (dvbtools.sf.net) and run

./dvbstream  -f FREQUENCY -bw 8 -c 0 -n 10 -prog -o:/dev/null 1

wil give you a list of the available programs, then run

./dvbstream  -f FREQUENCY -bw 8 -n 30 -c 0 -prog -o:dump.ts 'PROGRAM
NAME'

wil dump  30 seconds of program to dump.ts, that players such as
mplayer, vlc, xine and kaffeine could be able to play.

If you want to analyze the TS you can use dvbsnoop or decode_pat and
decode_pmt available in libdvbpsi