Re: Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (452e)

Jens Krehbiel-Gräther wrote:> I've read ...> that the driver for the "Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB" is> "pre-Work-In-Progress". What does that mean?
I have no idea what that wonderfully vague description means.
> Is there already a driver> for this device which I can test? I can support you on testing the> driver, but where can I find this?>
I rather doubt that there is a driver(s) per se for the 452e.  Manu hasindeed produced some experimental drivers for some PCI cards that usethe same frontend portion as the 452e, and while these same drivers havebeen, from my casual observations, extended for use with a few othersimilar PCI cards, I have not seen mention of their extension to USB. In order to do so, in the case of the 452, one will have to figure outhow the FX2 is behaving, and then tie these two sets of elementstogether (i.e. glue code between the components, which offers devicelevel support).
> I just found the device twice on>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-S_USB_Devices .> First in the "unsupported DVB-S USB device" ans second in "supportet> DVB-S2 devices".> So I understand that there is DVB-S2 support for this device but no> DVB-S support. Is that right?
I think it is just reflective of a double entry in the wiki, and amisplacement.

> But in actual hg tree I found nothing> about this device??>   Have a read through the hits on the first page of this search and youwill probably be brought up to speed:http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&w=2&r=1&s=stb0899&q=b
It appears that TT also has a USB S2 device....It stands to chance thatyour Pinnacle and this TT device may very well be similar...(it wouldnot be a surprise at all if they even turn out to be the exact same device).