Re: RE : nova-t 500, again.

In my case it more or less only happens on one MUX, it´s also the MUX with the highest bitrate channels.
Also it more ore less always fail while recording "the wire", or some desired show and alway works for test stuff I schedule to test stability.

/Henrik

On 9/24/07, Thierry Lelegard <thierry.lelegard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That doesn´t by any chance happen to be channels with high bitrate ?
How can a specific service bitrate cause the disconnect since the device (and its driver) passes the complete TS to the software demux in the kernel? Even if the service has a variable bitrate inside the TS, the TS bitrate remains constant.

I experience the same problems with a custom application (not MythTV, Kaffeine, or any TV watching software). My application always reads the complete TS:
    struct dmx_pes_filter_params filter;
    filter.pid = 0x2000;                // Means "all PID's"
    filter.input = DMX_IN_FRONTEND;     // Read from frontend device
    filter.output = DMX_OUT_TS_TAP;     // Redirect TS packets to DVR device
    filter.pes_type = DMX_PES_OTHER;    // Any type of PES
    filter.flags = DMX_IMMEDIATE_START; // Start capture immediately
    ioctl (demux_fd, DMX_SET_PES_FILTER, &filter);
The DTTV TS have all a constant bitrate, although not the same for all TS (depends on FEC).

-Thierry