Re: Freecom rev 4 DVB-T USB 2.0 tuner usb id 14aa:0160

Hi Holger,

> is it that one?
>
> http://www1.conrad.de/scripts/wgate/zcop_b2c/?~template=pcat_product_details_document&object_guid=F884D044998C7F45E10000000A010220&master_guid=&master_typ=&no_brotkrumennavi=&ownrow=6&p_load_area=0417021&p_artikelbilder_mode=Ein&p_sortopt=object_description&page=1&p_catalog_max_results=20&cachedetail=
>
> And if you download the "datasheet" from there on page 2 it says
> Art.No.EU 27442 ?
>
> Mauro is currently in Germany for work, not GNU/Linux related, and I
> know every free minutes, he hardly has some, he is working on a driver
> and got PAL-BG working now too, seems there are some issues with the
> buffering left, but good progress so far.

The driver I'm working is for tm5600/6000 chips, that seems to be
present on your device. If I have some time today, I intend to buy
another tm6000 device, if I found a cheap one.

The analog part of the driver is already know to work with NTSC, PAL/BG
and PAL/M (probably, it should work also with other PAL variants). I
still have to figure out a few details for the digital audio part.

DVB support isn't working fine yet, but this is a matter of time to have
it fixed. Michel Ludwig is working on that part. I hope to have more
contributors soon.

> It is _assumed_ that this device can be supported by that driver too.
> When he is back in Brazil, he probably will enjoy to have further
> feedback from PAL testers.

Yes. It would be really nice if you can help testing with the driver. If
you have programming capabilities, please feel free also to contribute
with the development.

Cheers,
Mauro.