Freecom rev 4 DVB-T USB 2.0 tuner usb id 14aa:0160

Hi linuxtv.org,

Mr. Kleiminger wrote in the linux-dvb mailinglist (found in September 2007 Archives) that he is interested in the progress of the driver development of the Freecom dvb-t stick rev.4 (id 14aa:0160). I own the same model. I had a  Freecom dvb-t stick rev.3 (USB ID (before firmware): 14aa:0225) till yesterday. Now it's defective and yesterday I went to Conrad Electronics Megastore in Graz/Austria and they made a rma and gave me a new one - rev.4 . As you write there is no driver yet available and I can't watch tv :o( . I want to know, if there is a schedule for developing a driver.  Can I help? I'm UNIX/LINUX Sysadmin, wrote some c++ programs (must say it was in the windows world, but that doesn't matter (o:) and am really interested in hardware. Maybe I can help with testing or possibly some minor development.

I already used mercurial for compiling the modules for my kernel.

cheers,

Holger Fischer