Re: [RFC] TUV1236d / dvb-pll: rf input switching via module option

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 03:04:32PM -0400, Michael Krufky wrote:
> This is the same thing I did in my tree, but just didn't push it to the
> repository.
>
> This would work, but it doesn't cover all possible cases.  For instance,
> what if there was a tuner with three rf inputs?  I don't think that such
> a device exists on any supported hardware, but you never know.

Yes, devices with three or more inputs would be really troublesome
this way.  An alternative would be to have separate modules parameters
per modulation type.  Instead of dvb_pll taking an input parameter, it
could, for example, take qam_input and vsb_input parameters.  That
could work as long as the number of modulation types doesn't grow much
more.

> This solution is fine with me, for the meanwhile... if you could test
> it, would be nice :-)

I will, but it take a few to serveral days.

David
--
David Engel
david@xxxxxxxxxx