Re: Open letter - Linux Support for WinTV -T-500 DVB-T TV card

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 12:13 +0200, Eduard Huguet wrote:

> Good try! I don't know if this will be even remotely helpful, but at
> least you tried.

Well, then add your own layer and send a similar email to the same list
of companies.

Complaining here will only take you so far...

> It's really a pity that the support for this card is still incomplete
> these days. Specially having in mind that (I think) we are very close
> to have a fully functional driver, as the USB disconnects (without
> plugin in the remote captor) are really very marginal.

Once more, complaining here will only take you so far...

> However, plugin in and using the remote controller is a total
> different story, a nightmare I'd even say: system locks, frequent
> disconnects (not solvable by restarting the mythbackend - I need to do
> a full poweroff and even unplug the power cord to force a firmware
> reload on the card sometimes...), etc... Is there any possibility that
> we get a better support for the Nova-T 500 remote any day?

Complain to the right people, which is not here.

> It'd really be "the perfect card" if only this issue were solved...

True, tell them that.

Nico