Re: Asys P7131 Hybrid: DVB out of range

> The limits are comming from the tda10046 info.  I think the correct thing
> to do here is to not have the tda1004x driver define frequency limits, as
> it's the tuner that has the limits.

The tuner is not the limiting factor, but in fact the tuning algorithm.
The limits handled by the algorithm is not the maximum or minimum of the
tuner, but that of the spectral limits and or else based on some other
parameters. The DVB design has it that way, the tuning algorithm is held
in the demodulator driver.

And BTW, the tuning algorithm doesn't happen to be on the tuners, but
used in conjunction with the demodulator, ie it is a part of the
demodulation optimization process and not tuning as considered by an
analog TV tuner.