Re: HVR-3000: fixed by downgrading kernel, any ~stoth/hvr3000 patches for >2.6.18 kernels?

I demand that Philip Pemberton may or may not have written...

[snip]
> I got it all working in the end (after rebuilding my own kernel RPM and a
> bunch of modules) but playback was awful (mainly because of the lack of
> Xvideo support in the current ATI driver - CPU usage on both cores hit 100%
> pretty quickly and the playback engine started dropping frames). No
> playback = no PVR...

What lack of Xv?

> Oh well, I'll have another go towards the end of the year. Maybe then ATI
> will have sorted themselves out and fixed FGLRX...

... oh, the taintware? Drop it and use the open-source driver :-)

(Well, unless you're using an R5xx or an Xpress.)

[snip]
| + At least 4000 million too many people. POPULATION LEVEL IS UNSUSTAINABLE.

"What is wrong with that demented Tonka toy now?"