Re: HVR-3000: fixed by downgrading kernel, any ~stoth/hvr3000 patches for >2.6.18 kernels?

Steven Toth wrote:
 > Correct. I have no immediate plans to bring the multi-frontend patches
beyond 2.6.18. If /When tuner refactoring and multiproto projects are accepted
and merged then I'll think again.

OK, well thanks for your work on the HVR3000 multi-frontend stuff anyway. I
got it all working in the end (after rebuilding my own kernel RPM and a bunch
of modules) but playback was awful (mainly because of the lack of Xvideo
support in the current ATI driver - CPU usage on both cores hit 100% pretty
quickly and the playback engine started dropping frames). No playback = no PVR...

Oh well, I'll have another go towards the end of the year. Maybe then ATI will
have sorted themselves out and fixed FGLRX... The kernel downgrade I can live
with, the lousy video I can't.

Emilio Castellano wrote:
 > Analog works ok, DVB-T ok, DVB-S working with some troubles with diseq.

I think I can live without DiSEqC - no switches, positioners or other doodads
here, just a dish, an LNB and some satellite-grade co-ax cable :)

Thanks.
--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx         | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain