DSM-CC questions

Please let me know if someone provide some direction here to use DSM-CC.

Following is what I am trying to do and looking for answers. Please direct me to the right place/mailing list to keep me up and running with DSM- CC. I am relatively new to DSM-CC tools.

My Goal: I am trying to build a IP based data transmission (carousel) to STBs. ex: distribute configuration files, programming guide components etc. This is intended to be used in a major IPTV network in the US

Following is the information I am looking for -----

is MPEG2 based only? - How easy is to change the code to transmit the object carousel without MPEG-2.
2) Do I have to use DSM-CC User-to-User based tool kit if I just need data over TCP/IP (not MPEG-2 TS) or broadband (without MPEG-2) to meet my goals above.  Is there a separate tool kit for this?
3) Is there a DSM-CC client tool available?
4) Is any kind of metering (data/bandwidth) tool availabe in LinuxTV open source for the DSMCC carousels?

5) How do I get basic step by step instruction to create a object carousel and extracting it. I could succefully compile and create the binaries. Unfortunately example.tgz do not have any source code or binaries.

Thank you very much