Re: [RFC] Hybrid tuner refactoring, phase 1

Michael Krufky wrote:

> THIS is the root of our disagreement -- The analog tuning functionality
> is _not_ private to the device

There was a small typo. Analog operation is private to the "DVB frontend
device"

 -- this is a system-wide addition to the
> dvb_frontend structure, because we are adding analog tuning
> functionality to the dvb_frontend.

Analog tuning is public to DVB core ? I don't think so. It would've been
correct, if DVB core does analog operations, but DVB core doesn't do any
Analog operations.

> I agree that elegance is very important, and that is why I disagree with
> the extra layers of complexity that you are proposing here.

Every DVB demodulator driver that you write does this.

struct dvb_frontend {
	struct dvb_frontend_ops ops;
	struct dvb_adapter *dvb;
	void* demodulator_priv;
	void* tuner_priv;
	void* frontend_priv;
	void* sec_priv;
	void* hybrid_priv;
};

So whatever that which dvb_core doesn't handle is "private". I don't
understand what you mean by extra complex layer.