Re: NOVA-T 500 PCI power-off problem & fix

Yes you are right it might not be related to DVB, I read a lot of bug and forum posts that reported power off problems and tried their solutions but without success. At last I did a clean install and did shutdown tests at each step to find the problem, and when upgraded to the latest DVB drivers power off stopped working. Before the update the power off worked. It could very well be that this motherboard has problems with PCI cards powering down at all. Since my fix, removing the DVB drivers before shutdown helped, I thought it might be of use for others having the same problem.

Harald

This may be completely unrelated to DVB.

Check this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/43961

Nico