Re: NOVA-T 500 PCI power-off problem & fix

I should clarify that the whole shutdown process is done, but then it hanged with a black screen instead of powering off.
Harald

Mmmh... Last night my MythTV box didn't properly shutdown after finishing its recording & encoding tasks. I made sure I had left it "unlocked" through mythwelcome menu before going to sleep, but the next morning it was still up and running. Notice it was not hanged or displaying any error message, it was simply on without any need to (it had been 'idle' for 7h...).

Digging into dmesg and /var/log/mythbackend.log didn't reveal nothing. MythTV simply tried to power it off at about 1:30 of the morning but for some unknown reason this simply failed...

I'm also running lastest drivers + firmware, so maybe I've run into the same issue as you.

Cheers,
  Eduard