Re: DiB0700 device support

---------- Missatge reenviat ----------
From: Nicolas Will < nico@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:42:07 +0100
Subject: Re: DiB0700 device support
On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 00:28 +0200, Jonas Anden wrote:
> If the sample below is what your "remote control errors" in syslog is,
> the attached patch gets rid of it.
>
> ---
> Aug  1 13:44:26 ragnyr kernel: dib0700: Unknown remote controller
> key : 1E 2A
> Aug  1 13:44:57 ragnyr last message repeated 206 times
> Aug  1 13:45:58 ragnyr last message repeated 406 times
> Aug  1 13:46:59 ragnyr last message repeated 407 times
> Aug  1 13:48:00 ragnyr last message repeated 406 times
> Aug  1 13:49:01 ragnyr last message repeated 406 times
> Aug  1 13:50:02 ragnyr last message repeated 407 times
> ---
>
> When an unknown key code is received, it is not eaten and the module
> keeps yelling about it using printk()s. A bunch of times per second.
> Until the next valid key code is received. And this happens as soon as
> use any unsupported device (like power on/off my surround system). The
> Nova-T IR receiver gets the IR code by accident and as a result the
> module starts screaming.
>
> I'm not sure but this screaming possibly killed (rebooted) my box as
> well. I applied the new code, tested it for a few hours, and then went
> to bed last night. When I woke up the box had rebooted (no mentions of
> why in syslog, though). After applying the attached patch, my system
> has
> been stable (about a 10 hours by now).

I've tried this patch. Thanks Jonas.

It didn't apply (Hunk failed) on a current tree, but it is simple enough
to do by hand.

It seems to calm down the messages, indeed.

Is it good in the grand scheme? I am not able to judge.

Is it good in the long term? Let's see.

At least, it didn't break anything basic and obvious right away.

Nico

I'll try to test it also. Is there any possibility that this patch gets included into main HG repository?
Cheers
  Eduard