Re: HowTo for new tuner ... avail of 18271 code

MikeW wrote:

>MikeW <mw_phil <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>

>>On 8/2/07, Michael Krufky <mkrufky <at> linuxtv.org> wrote:
>>

>>>Mike,
>>>
>>>I have already written a completely functional driver for the
>>>

> TDA18271 silicon.
>...snip...
>

>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Michael Krufky
>>>

>>You are right - the devices are compatible except for the featureset
>>restriction; I believe the IF_notch bit is also omitted.
>>
>>I look forward to giving your 18271 driver a spin when it becomes
>>available.
>>
>>Regards,
>>MikeW
>>

> ... which might be when ?!

I'm in the process of refactoring the analog tuner.ko module such that
analog tuner modules will use the same internal api as dvb_frontend *
modules.  I have completed phase one of this refactoring process this
past weekend, but there are still some bugs left that I must fix before
publishing the work.  I had to leave town unexpectedly, and it's
difficult to work on this remotely.

In phase 2 of the refactoring, the tda8290+tda8275(a) drivers will
undergo a structural redesign, in which support for the tda8295 and
tda18271 will be added.

In addition, tuner-simple will need its own redesign, although I am
saving that for last -- but that's irrelevant to your question.

What device do you have that uses the tda18211?  So far, I am only aware
of one device available on retail shelves that use the tda18271 -- I'm
curious what you're working with.

Regards,

Mike Krufky