Re: HowTo for new tuner

MikeW wrote:
> Markus Rechberger <mrechberger <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Can you shed some more light about the capabilities of the tuner you
>> intend to add support for?
>>
>> regards,
>> Markus
>
> Example:
> http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download/literature/9397/75015475.pdf
>
> Regards,
> MikeW

Mike,

I have already written a completely functional driver for the TDA18271 silicon.
 DVB-T has not yet been tested on it, but I doubt it will be any problem.  I
understand that you are working with the TDA18211 -- do you know how similar it
is to the 18271?  I haven't google'd the 18211 yet, but I'll take a look.

I am currently working to refactor the tuning api between the dvb and v4l
subsystems -- this is my reasoning for not having released my tda18271 code
publicly, as of yet.  It does work, however, and I have only tested it so far
using analog broadcasts.  The difference for tuning DVB-T is only some small
changes to certain registers.

Based on what I see in the pdf that you linked above, I wouldn't be surprised if
the tda18211 featureset is merely a small subset of the tda18271, meant
specifically for DVB-T.

How much progress have you already made with your driver?

I'd be happy to help you if you have any further questions... If the 18211 is
indeed program compatible with the 18271, except for the limited featureset,
then I'd hate to see somebody do double-work.

Regards,

Michael Krufky