Re: Merging hvr3000 into main branch

CityK wrote:
> Emilio Castellano wrote:
>
>> I've been using steve's branch for hauppauge hvr3000 for a while.....I'd like to know if somebody
>> knows when it'll be commited steve's branch with dvb-s support to the
>> main branch.
>>

> As I believe that the hvr-3000 is fairly similar (except S2?) to the
> hvr-4000, some recent insight from Steve may also explain the situation
> for your device:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-July/019432.html

The hvr3000 tree takes a very different approach to implementation vs
the hvr4000. The HVR3000 adds support to the saa and cx88 tree's for
multiple exclusive frontends on a single bus, enabling applications to
open either a DVB-T or DVB-S frontend.

It's proof of concept code. I asked for feedback very early on the new
mechanism and the general consensus was positive. However, the tree
contains changes to the DVB frontend framework and should be reviewed
more closely prior to any updates/rework/merge activity.

Given the current hybrid tuner project, it would be wise to leave the
HVR3000 and HVR4000 tree's as-is. These product use hybrid tuners
FMD1216 and will benefit from the tuner refactoring projects.

- Steve