Re: HowTo for new tuner

Manu Abraham <abraham.manu <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 8/2/07, MikeW <mw_phil <at> yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > I have explored the 2.6.19.1 drivers source and checked out
> > LinuxTv.org, plus plenty of other searching,
> > in the hope of finding a step-by-step/HowTo guide or documentation
> > for adding/implementing a new frontend tuner device, but in vain.
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a link ?
>
> What kind of a tuner are you looking at ? Or better, which tuner is it ?

Sorry, the bit about 'bands' was a bit of a red herring ... I take it there
is no high-level documentation apart from the source files !

I can understand the existing code at the 'micro' level, but in terms
of creating a new functional driver from the ground up, i.e.
necessary structures, function pointers, arrays etc to be filled in ?!

I guess just a lifecycle model for the components of a 'complete but empty'
[i.e. all structure fields active, but no 'device code' apart from comments]
frontend & demux would be useful.

If I make progress on this I will feed it back ...

Regards,
MikeW