Re: Henry Wong Patch

Am Freitag, den 27.07.2007, 16:53 -0700 schrieb Eric Work:
> Hey,
>
> I have been following this mailing list through the archives for a short
> while and I just joined.  I have an MSI TV@nywhere Plus video capture
> device which currently requires a patch in order for the remote to work.
>   With this patch the device works perfectly (except for FM which I
> don't care too much for).  I even have my learnable remote controlling
> my MythTV box without a hitch (except for repeating buttons, such as
> Vol+/Vol-).  I'm sure veteran's of this list remember this patch by
> Henry Wong and the other enhancements done by Dwaine et al.  The reason
> I'm posting to this list is that the patch has still not been accepted
> (correct me if I'm wrong).  I have been talking with a person from the
> Mythbuntu crowd about increasing hardware support and he suggested I go
> upstream with the patch, which is of course the right thing to do.  I
> originally adapted the patch to the stock etch kernel and recently
> updated it for the Feisty kernel.  So the question is, whatever happened
> to this patch?  You can find my latest version posted below if needed to
> refresh your memory:
>
> http://disk.zeroepoch.com/public/tvanywhere-remote-feisty.patch
>
> It would obviously need to be updated for the latest source control
> version.  Please inform me if there were other plans/conflicts with this
> patch or something required by Henry Wong.  I will gladly help with this
> integrating/testing this patch if needed because recompiling the kernel
> each time my MythTV box is updated is getting pretty old.  This patch
> also solves remote problems for the KWorld Global TV Terminator.
>
> Also for reference:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg20141.html
>
> Thanks,
> Eric Work

Hi Eric,

there are some comments at the lists, why we likely won't get the
patches into mainline that way. For example look for Eddi @pieri and
Peter Missel at the video4linux-list.

The radio ..., something simple went wrong caused by a wrong "dmesg"
sent in for another Kworld card with can tuner, but once in, nearly
impossible to get it out ;)

You could have always used card=65 for it. On that one we have been
testing originally. It is fixed since about a 1/2 year.

I'm still waiting for someone reporting for the S-Video input and
external analog sound in :)

Cheers,
Hermann