[Fwd: Re: OHauppauge WinTV HVR-3000 or 4000]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re:  OHauppauge WinTV HVR-3000 or 4000
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:25:51 +0200
From: Uwe Schmeling <u.schmeling@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Robert <RobertCL@xxxxxxxxx>
<1185113421.6989.12.camel@youkaida> <46A3917B.7080206@xxxxxxxxx>

Robert wrote:
> Nicolas Will wrote:
>
>> One more...
>>

>> Hauppauge WinTV HVR-4000 - DVB-S2 / DVB-S / DVB-T receiver / analogue
>> TV / radio tuner / video input adapter - PCI - SECAM, PAL
>>
>> Hauppauge WinTV HVR-3000 - DVB-S / DVB-T receiver / analogue TV / radio
>> tuner / video input adapter - PCI - SECAM, PAL
>>
>> What about these cards?
>>
>> Any support, I have not seen them in the wiki?
>>

> The HVR-3000 is "supported" by a branch created by Steven Toth.  It's
> not seen any updates in a while, and currently (as far as I know)
> doesn't compile with kernels after 2.6.18.  It's working ok for me here
> though.  I think the reason for no updates / lack of inclusion in
> mainline dvb is that he is waiting for some sort of multi-protocol code
> to be implemented into the mainline dvb code.
>
> I believe the HVR-4000 has some support - there were a few mails about
> it some time ago on this list - again I believe Steven Toth has a
> separate tree that supports it, but I have no idea of status of that.
>
> Robert.

Hi Robert,

I have a HVR4000 running stable with a 2.6.21 kernel patched  with
Stevens tree. It is running stable since weeks (with DVB-S)  and I would
like to have it in the standard soon, even if the DVB-T part isn't
supported currently. The integration into newer kernels requires  some
additional patches  and  I  will  continue testing  as soon  as  it  is
in the  standard.

regards Uwe