Re: MegaSky 5580 (0x5581) tuning Austria

On 6/13/07, Antti Palosaari <crope@xxxxxx> wrote:
> heissan!
> Can you try attached patch and report?
> This patch is a little bit unready due to changes needed to zl10353
> demodulator driver. I have no knowledge what are registers 0x8e and
> 0x90-0x96 (please help) but I have strong feeling that those are
> associated to the AGC2 functionality. I think I will put those under the
> agc2-config-switch and send this patch again later. Any ideas are welcome :)
> Patch is done against current gl861 devel tree at
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~aapot/gl861/ .

I'm currently trying to get a couple of Mega Sky 580s (0x5581) working
but couldn't tune to any channel with the current git repository.
Having applied the attached patch the situation is improved (I can now
get a broken signal on the strongest multiplex, i.e. lots of
uncorrected errors) but still far from perfect.

Note that I live in a relatively low signal area but have been able to
receive all channels without errors except in very bad weather with a
range of DVB receivers (Cinergy T2, Nova-T PCI, Sony STB + Panasonic
TV). This is the first time that i've had reception trouble.

Are there any further developments / patches / experimental
repositories that could help test or any values I could try to tweak?

Stephen