Re: Technotrend S2-3600 HDTV-S2 USB 2.0

Erich Newell wrote:
> What would be the process for this? Does the developer need direct
> access to the hardware, or is it a simple matter of looking at a
> couple of chipsets and modifying some code appropriately? (Please
> excuse my ignorance in this)
>
> If it were a practical endeavor, I would be willing to purchase the
> hardware and do testing if someone will commit to modifying the
> drivers appropriately.
>
> Thoughts?
>
>>> Will the Technotrend S2-3600 HDTV-S2 USB 2.0 work with the drivers
>>> currently under development by Manu?
>> Currently, No.
>>
>> Will need to know what components are inside, to find out whether it
>> can be supported.

First it must be known what chips, tuners etc are inside. If there are
drivers for those, supporting the device will be relatively easy. If
there are no drivers, they will have to be written by either getting the
specs and writing or reverse engineering and writing. That is much more
work. If the chips are not supported already, no specs are given and
nobody feels like reverse engineering, it will never be supported. If
the chips are supported already, it can be supported in a day (at least
very fast). All depends on what is there to see inside the device, it's
impossible to say anything now.