Re: Technotrend S2-3600 HDTV-S2 USB 2.0

Regarding the comments on Windoze...I did not follow if they were
directed to me, but I will comment nonetheless.

I run linux on every system I own or administer. This is a matter of
practical choice however, not ideology. I honestly feel that the
service provided to me by this OS is superior to others for my
purposes. It is the right tool for most jobs.

At the same time I recognize that there are some aspects and tools
only available on other operating systems that are very useful and
have no open source equivalent. This is the case for several of the
DVB applications ( e.g. http://coolstf.com)

In the end I would like to upgrade my mythTV backend to include DVB-S2
streams, but in the mean time I'd like to make sure that my investment
won't sit idle while I wait for those with the skills to develop
drivers and tools to do so. (I am not one of these people) For initial
tuning, tracking and setup of satellite dishes and associated gear,
the tools available under windows are already functional and are
helpful when configuring your dishes before use.

I hope to integrate my new DVB-S2 gear into my mythTV solution and
simply would like to know if the USB version of the Technotrend device
will work.

Anyone?

Will the Technotrend S2-3600 HDTV-S2 USB 2.0 work with the drivers
currently under development by Manu?

Thanks again and best regards.