Re: How to achieve persistent DVB-S tuning?

That's how I assumed it worked, but when I run dvbtune in one session, and try and use dvbsnoop in another, dvbsnoop gives a "device busy" error...

-----Original Message-----
From: Nico Sabbi [mailto:nsabbi@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:59 AM
To: Wade J. Weppler
Cc: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  How to achieve persistent DVB-S tuning?

Wade J. Weppler wrote:

>I'm trying to get szap (or dvbtune) to maintain a lock, even after dvbtune or szap have been closed.
>
>Whenever I tune to a transponder, it gets a lock, and then I close the application and open up dvbsnoop.  Dvbsnoop will work for a few seconds, and then no further data will be available.  I then have to re-run dvbtune or szap to get another lock.
>
>I've used applications other than dvbsnoop, like mplayer, etc., and I have the same issue.
>
>I'm using a SkyStar2 DVB-S, running on a Fedora 7 box.

it's how drivers are supposed to work: if the frontend is closed tuning
is lost.
Why is it a problem keeping szap or dvbtune running? They won't eat your
food :-)

 Sponsor:
 Problemi di Liquidit?? Con Logos Finanziaria 30.000 ? in 24 ore a dipendenti e lavoratori autonomi con rimborsi fino a 120 mesi clicca qui
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2907&d=12-7