Re: Vivanco 21056/LR306 a.k.a. MSI DVB at Anywhere a.k.a LifeView Hybrid doesn't scan

On Sunday 17 June 2007 09:46, hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi Werner,
>
> Am Samstag, den 16.06.2007, 23:38 +0200 schrieb Werner Braun:

[snip]
> The patch will work, not sure if the same IR trouble/fun is on the
> cardbus version to be expected, but that can be investigated.

[snip]
> > tda827x_probe_version: could not read from tuner at addr: 0xc2
>
> Tuner seems to be dead/not initialized.

I only saw that message after deliberately miss setting card=NN.

[snip]
> > Peter, how did you finally get your MSI to work? Which distro are you
> > using?
>
> Yes, Peter could try the recent without ever using card=112 before.
> And you could try if it makes a difference without Hartmut's latest
> changes by downloading a snapshot just before and than try also his
> latest again. There are more cooks on it recently.
>
> Maybe taking the bz2 or gz on top from that one?
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hhackmann/v4l-dvb/rev/f182b5f389b3
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

My card is a PCI MSI TV@nywhere A/D.  (There is also a Kworld VStream
XPert DVB-T in another box.)  The MSI card is in a box running Mandriva
2007.1 (also known as Spring).  It is also known to work with 2007.0.
Although I have not made the remote control of either card do what I
want.  It is necessary to change the kernel and/or use v4l-dvb from
linuxtv.org.  Then put "saa7134 card=94" in /etc/modprobe.preload
and "modprobe saa7134-dvb" in /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  My application
of choice is /Kaffeine/.  Don't forget to plug the antenna into the
correct socket.  ;-)

On the dvb side of things the MSI card works with card=94.  It does not
work with 55, 112, or without a "card" value.

Generally I don't look at the analogue side of things.  Today kmplayer
did not work and kdetv displayed a picture, but did not give any sound.
Then the computer crashed - repeatedly.

Herman,

What exactly do you want me to do?  Against which kernel?
Currently there is a Mandriva kernel (2.6.17.something) with source code
and several vanilla kernels on that machine.

I have this file, http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/76b92a337aec.bz2
which seems to be the most recent.  It makes things work with the
Mandriva kernel.  The most recent vanilla kernel (2.6.21.5) works
without it.  Applying it to 2.6.21.5 stops it working.

Which old v4l-dvb do you want me to try (link please) against which
kernel?  If you are not at all fussed, there is an old one here
from February.

Do you want me to then apply
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hhackmann/v4l-dvb/rev/f182b5f389b3.bz2
to the patched kernel, or a clean one?