Re: af9005/mt2060 module unload failure

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Michael Krufky ha escrit:
>
>> :-/  ...  Do you plan on getting a replacement?
>
> No
>
>> Perhaps you may contact the
>> vendor so that they may send you a sample at no charge?
>
> They should be send me a sample of the 9015
>
>> How did your stick die?  Maybe the driver broke it?
>
> I don't think so, nobody else complained, and there isn't much
> difference between my driver and the windows one. In fact, looking
> around in various forums (of windows users), there are many complaints
> of this stick getting very hot.
> Anyway, if you feel you should retire the driver, do so, I won't
> complain. At leas I can consider it as feedback (which was sorely
> lacking until now).

I think you might have misunderstood -- I do not want to "retire" the driver...
 I just think we should hold it back from the mainline kernel until we work out
these problems.

About the lacking feedback, I apologize for not having reviewed this code
earlier.  I saw it sitting on the list for quite some time, and I thought that
you had not wanted it included in the master repository for one reason or
another.  Now I see that it is already included, so I must have been wrong about
that :-P

When I have sufficient time for it, I'll give the code a thorough review and
suggest any changes that I think are applicable.  I understand that you will not
be able to do any further testing, but there are users on the mailing list that
can help with that.

I don't think that the problems are disastrous -- we should be able to resolve
these issues, one way or another.

Cheers,
Mike