Re: Swapping inputs on Kworld ATSC 11x

David Engel wrote:
> Now that I've gotten the basics working on my Kworld ATSC 115, it's on
> to what initially intrigued me about this card.  That's the dual RF
> inputs.  The standard driver as of Linux v2.6.21 does analog and 8VSB
> on the top input and QAM on the bottom input.  My desired behavior is
> analog and QAM on one input and 8VSB on the other.  No problem.  It
> was an easy enough driver hack to make it do what I wanted.
>
> Others might be interested in this change too, so is there any
> willingness from the core DVB maintainers to accept a patch to make
> this configurable via a module parameter?  If so, would you like one
> global setting for all cards or one setting for each card?
>
> David

David,

I have already written a patch to do this  (as per CityK's request -- thanks
CityK), but I haven't posted it yet.  I am currently in the midst of changing
some other things around in dvb-pll that are in direct conflict with the change
that you are asking for.

After I have merged the changes to remove static dependencies on dvb-pll, then I
will post the patch to force the rf input preference...  I'm working on
finalizing the static dependency removal changesets now -- you can expect the rf
input preference module option patch to show up next week.

If you have already written a patch to do this, please feel free to post it --
just know that dvb-pll is a moving target right now -- This will be over in a
week or two.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky