Re: Dual tuner DVB-T

P. van Gaans wrote:

> Please keep this on the list.
ops! - not sure why this list doesn't set the reply to fields correctly,
I don't have that issue on other lists!

> Forget about streaming the whole TS over your network. You can't. It
> won't work. Not on any home/soho-equipment. A simple 3mbit stream with
> dvbstream over my network KILLS my 100mbit switch. Don't even think
> about a whole TS, let alone two!
Really? I've got cat 6 cabling in the wall and plans to upgrade my
100mbit switch to gigabit one, I would have thought that this was more
than enough network bandwidth to stream two TS's.

Just benchmarked disk to disk on my 100meg network, I can get
approximately 4 megs a second (thats megabytes per second) transferring
real data between two machines on my network (one being the media box
that will be broadcasting the TS stream).

Given that I think that gigabit ought to provide plenty of headroom to
stream 2 TS's especially when I don't have to get slow hard disks in the
way.