Re: dib0700 problems (nova-T usb stick)

Hello Patrick!

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> It is _no_ hardware restriction.
>
> The symptoms described by Soeren is correct, but the conclusion is
wrong.

> In fact this behaviour seems to be specific to the open source driver,
we
> don't have this problem in our reference driver.

The "I2C gating feature" seems to be related to the REQUEST_ENABLE_VIDEO
firmware call. If the same hardware with same firmware does not show this
behavior with your reference drivers, are there other parameters in your
reference REQUEST_ENABLE_VIDEO call?
Maybe this I2C gating is done externally via some gpio pins?
(Without schematic, datasheets and firmware code it is difficult to get
the big picture.)

> If I only would have time, I would take a look.

Sorry for asking again. Maybe you can solve tuning and frontend status
problems by "simply" changing the firmware call parameters. If I can
be helpful in any way, don't hesitate to ask.

> Did you try the new firmware?
>
> Patrick.

Thank you,
S:oren