Signal strength % script

any point me towards any script I can run  which outputs signal strength for my DVB
channels so I can schedule it to run outside of  MythTV.
azap output is a little cryptic for me.

ie I want to run a cron job which  measures my DVB channels to check to see if signal
strength and reception is ok as mythtv or maybe card drops out without notice if my signal
becomes marginal

Ideally if azap output can be made a little more human readable would be even better

Thanks