Re: Kworld 380u ?

On 5/21/07, Susan Edwards <se014a0001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Markus

I recall that the Vendor ID and PID for my device were already there,
and it was the only entry that said it was a 355U. At that stage I
didn't consider the other possibilities.

According to the KWorld Windows INF file, all the following have an
EM2870 and a QT1010.

I can infer from KWorld Windows Registry settings that they must have
used different revisions of the QT1010 in different devices. The
differences must be significant to the Windows driver (otherwise, why
bother to note them in the registry).

I assume, from the correspondence between 355U and the Product ID, that

   eb1a:e355

was the original EM2870 + QT1010.

I think this is Julian Cable's device, and it doesn't work; leastways, I
have heard nothing since 7th May.

I assumed that it must also have a Zarlink 10353, but I have no
documentary evidence for this.

I think the Vendor and Product ID's below all correspond to some flavour
or other of the KWorld 380U.

Vendor ID:Product ID eb1a:e357 is 'Disable LNA' (this is my device, 380U
without remote).
eb1a:e358 is 'LNA + Remote'.
eb1a:e359 is 'Disable LNA + Remote' (I think this one is a 380U with
remote; Adam Pigg's device)..

They all definitely have an EM2870 and a QT1010. Since the e357 and e359
are known to work, e357 and e359 must also have a ZL10353. I think it
likely that e358 must also have a ZL10353.

Product ID e358 wasn't in the card struct last time I looked, but AFAIK
no one has reported having this Vendor/Product ID. If someone has a 380U
that isn't recognised, and they haven't reported their Vendor ID/Product
ID, I would guess that this must be their Vendor ID/Product ID, but it
would be easier to ask them first!

thanks.

François, can you submit the driver's windows inf file so that we can
have a look at it? Opening the device and writing down the used ICs
would be prefered though.

In case of Julian it must have something to do with wrong gpio
settings, think we should be able to sort it out (I'll write another
reply to the em28xx ML regarding that)

Markus