Re: patch "budget-av: Remove polarity switching of the clock for the DVB-C cards" causes corrupt stream

Matthias Dahl wrote:
>> check if you get the same problems with FTA channels?
>
> Same problems apply to FTA channels.

Did you switch to a FTA channel or did you also remove the CI physical from the card?

> 1)
>
> Reducing the buffer size to 658kb solves the problem partially.

In this case, the driver uses the single buffer mode, because the line count is below the limit of the saa7146.

> The streams
> seems to be ok but most of the time I do a switch Xorg <-> text console, I
> run into those "vpeirq: used X times >80% of buffer (XX bytes now)" msgs
> which results in broken streams. :-( That was the reason why I increased the
> dma buffer size to 1410kb in the first place with the old driver... which
> solved the problem entirely.

Than you have another problem. If you get such a warning with a buffer of 658kB, interrupts wasn't deliver to the
dvb-driver for more than 85..106ms.

> 5)
>
> You asked for dumps. I didn't really know what you need, so I just made a few.
> Let me know, if you need anything else.
> All dumps are done with the following cmdline: "saa7... 0x1894 0x0021 0xI2C 1"
> with the following i2c addresses: 0x0c, 0x7c, 0x8c, 0x90. (0x7c and 0x90 had
> a few errors but you will see that in the txt file) I made all dumps twice,
> once with win freshly started and once with my dvb app tuned into some
> program. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I need only the dump with the running application and with the i2c-address 0xc (tda10021). I forgot, that exists
some more devices on the i2c-bus. The windows driver uses a small buffer (188kB), in odd/even buffer mode. The line
width is 188 Byte. The line count is a multiple of 512 like the current linux driver. The interesting thing is: the
register 0x12 of the tda10021 is set to 0xa1. Before my change, the linux driver has used 0xa1 without a CI/CAM and 0xa0
with a CI/CAM. Some of the registers (0x20 and 0x2c), which are also responsible for the output configuration of the
tda10021, make no sense. The value 0x95 is to often and always on a multiple of 4 within the dump. Can you create such a
dump again?

Currently, I've no idea why it works in single buffer mode and why not with odd/even buffers.

- Hartmut