Re: patch "budget-av: Remove polarity switching of the clock for the DVB-C cards" causes corrupt stream

Hi Hartmut.

Sorry for my -very- late reply but I was sick and thus not really able to get
most of my things done. (and still working my way through a lot of things for
university)

> check if you get the same problems with FTA channels?

Same problems apply to FTA channels.

> The transfer mode of the saa7146 was changed. The max buffer size is now
> 1316kB instead of 1410kB. For larger buffers, the saa7146 uses the odd/even
> buffer mode. Can you test the driver with a lower buffer size (max 658kB)?
> In this case, the saa7146 uses the single buffer mode. If this doesn't
> help, can you revert only budget-core.c to r5541 and try it again? In the
> old version the saa7146 uses a line size of two TS packets (376 byte). In
> the new version the line size is reduced to one TS packet (188 byte). If
> you can test your card on windows. I'm interested on the output of the
> saa7146dump utility (http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/saa7146dump-0.2.zip).

Ok... here are all the information I was able to gather so far. If you need
anything else, please just let me know, ok?

1)

Reducing the buffer size to 658kb solves the problem partially. The streams
seems to be ok but most of the time I do a switch Xorg <-> text console, I
run into those "vpeirq: used X times >80% of buffer (XX bytes now)" msgs
which results in broken streams. :-( That was the reason why I increased the
dma buffer size to 1410kb in the first place with the old driver... which
solved the problem entirely.

2)

Increasing the buffer size beyond 658kb does not spare me the vpeirq msgs. I
tried several settings up to 1200kb but nothing really did the trick for me.
What's pretty interesting: increasing the bufsize to its max setting (1316)
results in pretty badly corrupted streams.

3)

Using today's repository, all the problems still occur.

4)

Using today's repository with only budget-core reverted to revision 5541 and
with bufsize 1410 works just fine for me.

5)

You asked for dumps. I didn't really know what you need, so I just made a few.
Let me know, if you need anything else.

All dumps are done with the following cmdline: "saa7... 0x1894 0x0021 0xI2C 1"
with the following i2c addresses: 0x0c, 0x7c, 0x8c, 0x90. (0x7c and 0x90 had
a few errors but you will see that in the txt file) I made all dumps twice,
once with win freshly started and once with my dvb app tuned into some
program. Hope that helps.

Ok... that's it so far. I hope it didn't forget anything. Like I already said
earlier, if you need anything else, please just let me know.

Have a nice weekend,
matthias.