Re: A correction on nasty stupid statements

On Wed 16 May 2007, timecop wrote:
> Imagine that, Uwe is right.
> XC3028 does not demodulate DVB-T, it only tunes it.
> He provides examples of Demodulators, and your quote says "both tuning
> and ANALOG demodulation", however mentions nothing of DIGITAL
> demodulation.

Of course not, as the XC3028 is just a tuner. But it has a "digital mode" (if
you want to call it that way) in which you upload some specific "digital"
firmware to it and you can interface it with a demodulator. Hence, it
offers "DVB-T functions" (quoting Uwe).

But that's not the point, I just want to stress that I support Markus'
initiative as I'm trying to write a driver for a hybrid device that has a
XC3028 tuner. Therefore, I'd be really glad if I could use a XC3028 module
both in a V4L and DVB-T setting.

Michel