Re: DVICO's FusionHDTV 5 RT Lite...

Suresh S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The dvb card which i am using is DVICO's FusionHDTV 5 RT gold. I want to know where(which memory) the decoded frames are storing. Is it possible that we can make a copy of that memory(having decoded frames).?
>
> -SSMadurai.

Suresh,

The kernel driver delivers the mpeg TS over the PCI bus untouched.
There is no decoding in hardware nor kernelspace.  The application
handles the decoding in userland.  For information about the mpeg
decoding, look into mplayer, libmpeg2 or ffmpeg.

Side note:

I would appreciate it if you would stop sending the same question to me
in private over and over again.  There is a mailing list for these
questions (cc added) ...  Asking the same question multiple times is not
going to change the answer -- there is no hardware decoder on these pci
boards, and we do not decode the stream in kernelspace -- it all happens
in userland.

I hope this helps.

Mike