Re: DVICO's FusionHDTV 5 RT Lite...

Suresh S wrote:
> Thanks Michael Krufky.
>
> what about Dvico FusionHDTV 5 RT gold card. Because we are looking for digital video decoder not analog, so it is possible to get a copy of the decoder memory having decoded frames if we use this gold card. Just we want to make a copy and we will not modify the buffer anymore.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Suresh.S

Please, when posting a question to a mailing list, after receiveing a
reply, do NOT drop cc's to the mailing list.  Please use reply-to-all,
for the sake of list readers.

(cc to linux-dvb restored)

ALSO, for the sake of list readers, please do not top post.  Emails on
this mailing list are read from top to bottom.  Replies should appear
below quoted text.

Now, about your question:

The FusionHDTV RT Gold is also a budget card, just like the RT Lite.
None of these cards have mpeg decoders on the PCB.  In fact, there are
no PCI devices available that will be able to receive QAM256 HDTV
transport streams in America, that have on-board MPEG TS Decoders that
are supported under Linux.

There is somebody working on the MyHD cards....  Those do have mpeg
decoders, but are not yet supported under Linux.  I do not know the
current state of development...  Maybe they are closer now than they
were in the past.

If you find something, please let us know.

Good Luck,

Mike Krufky