Re: Re: [patch] TT C-1200 USB wrong frequency

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Thomas Kaiser wrote:
> Trent Piepho wrote:
> > I looked at the code again, and I mis-read the budget-ci DVB-C tuner, it
> > should have been:
> > budget-ci           DVB-T   195 1/8 MHz
> > budget-ci           DVB-C   160 MHz     (wrong!)
> > ttusb-budget        DVB-T   195 1/8 MHz
> > ttusb-budget        DVB-C   236 1/8 MHz (wrong?)
> >
> > In other words, DVB-C was 160 MHz when it should have been near 200 MHz.
> >
> >> Anyway, this
> >> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?cmd=changeset;node=e7c424bbf9aa;style=gitweb
> >> change is wrong anyway and should be reverted.
> >
> > You're right, reverting this change will make it go from 160 MHz to 200 MHz.
> >
> > It still looks to me like the ttusb-budget driver has the bug in the DVB-C
> > td1316 tuner code, as it switches at 236.13 Mhz where as all the other td1316
> > code uses 195 ~ 200 MHZ as a switch point.
> >

> Yes, the bug is still there in the ttusb-budget tda1316 tuner code. My
> patch (it wasn't really a patch :-( ) was applied to the wrong file.
>
> One thing I don't really understand. Why do we have to add the IF
> frequency to determine the frequency for the band switch (it's a long
> time since I repaired televisions)?

No reason, it shouldn't make any difference.
if(x < 159)
is mathmatically the same as:
if((x+36) < (159+36))

It's just an arbitrary choice if you should define the bands before or after
the IF offset is taken into account.  The bug in ttusb-budget looks like it
came from someone cut&pasting code without taking this into account.

> When I look in the docs of the tuner, it is written:
> Low band 49 to 159 MHz
> Mid band 162 to 444 MHz
> High band 448 to 862 MHz
>
> This is the "Channel center frequency including tuning margin".

Are the docs available somewhere?  I couldn't find them on google.