Re: cx878_41  ...help needed with Mercurial

Am Sonntag, 13. Mai 2007 10:44 schrieb Mike Booth:
> thanks Uwe
>
> I almost have it working with bttv however what I am looking for is help
> with Mrercurial and merging the cx_878 driver into my copy of the master
> repo so that I can fiddle with that instead of wasting time with something
> obsolete. can you  ( or anyone else )help with mercurial?
>

> Mike

Mike,
If I remember quite well your card has a cx24106 tuner / frontend.

That means:

1. Even if bttv recognizes it, it will be unsupported, as a new frontend
driver would be necessary to be written, and Conexant is not very helpful
in those cases.

2. Even if it is recognized by bttv, neither the "pure" Mercurial tree would
help, nor the Mercurial tree with the implemented cx878 tree.

3. As I told you already, the cx878 driver runs, but it is not finished yet.
So it does not help at all to fiddle around with it. You won't neither get a
picture nor sound even if you were running a supported card.

4. I already asked you to send in a dmesg, but you simply ignored that
request. Why please?

Cheers

Uwe