Re: Afatech AF9015 - Some progress?

William Davy wrote:
Hi all,

I recently acquired a equinux TubeStick for my Mac which uses the Afatech AF9015 chipset. It is a fantastic little dongle that has nice but basic software on Mac OS X and it also works in Windows with the correct Afatech drivers. However, I would like to get it working in Linux so that I can increase the usefulness of my purchase.

I am a Master's of Engineering in Computing student who is just coming to the end of his degree. I am more than willing to help and have all the pre-requisites to be able to contribute. My main problem is that I won't have any time for about a month and I have not written a hardware driver or abstraction layer before though I have been involved in some low-level work.

All in all, I hope to be able to contribute sometime in the near future and just wanted to register my interest while you guys are discussing it.

Regards,
    William Davy
<snip>

I'm interested in helping to get this driver working - I too have a useless Dongle, which I have watched TV through on Windows XP.

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au/