Re: Twinhan DTV-DVB 3056 Hybrid HID PCI won't work

> Hi Linux-dvb developers,

> here is my problem... I bought the card in subject in a computer store
> that under XP is reconised as: DTV-DVB 3056 Hybrid HID PCI capture card
> but under LINUX it won't know to be supported and work correctly.
> (see www.twinhan.com/product_D%2BA_3056_1.asp for more info)
>
> Some my work around put me in this situation, I can get a minimal
> working if I force saa7134 as card=109, in this way kdetv scan analog TV
> and show me the video in a very good way but no AUDIO, kaffeine or scan
> (dvb utilitis) are ko and I still didn't try FM + lirc.
>
> If you see below a problem occur in communication between saa7134 and
> Tuner that appear to me as the main issue.
>
> I am not a developer (I am not able to write codes) but if someone of
> you guide me to make some tests and debugs, I am very happy :-) and we
> could have made one more goals for the opensource comunity :-) so other
> folks with my same card can get help.
>
> Here is a brief of what says kaffeine:

<snip>

The problem lies here:
> tuner 0-0042: chip found @ 0x84 (saa7133[0])
So the tda8290 function is at address 0x42 (7bit) while the driver expects it
at address 0x4b. The analog section of the driver probes for the address but
the dvb section does not. But it uses the i2c gate. The result is that
the driver can't access the tuner.
We need a complete configuration entry for your card for both, analog and dvb
the the dvb config entry .i2c_gate = 0x42,
Can you gnerate it, test and send me a patch?

Best regards
  Hartmut