Re: Twinhan vp7045, fighting for a lost cause ?

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 15:21 +0200, Henrik Beckman wrote:

> Are we allowed to redistribute the new firmware, otherwise we probably
> need to use dvb_get_firmware.pl ?

hrrm... come to think of it... I'm not sure. Pe.rhaps the script needs
to be updated.

> Would be nice to know if the new firmware works with the old stick, I
> can take it upon me to
> write a patch for the perlscript that extract the firmware, but I´d
> like to know if there is need for two different  firmwares
> or not.  The work is already done if we are allowed to redistribute
> the firmware.....

Unfortunately I don't have any other revisions of the card - so somebody
else will have to check.

> Stewart I´ve been looking at your C patch and It´s _atleast_ a 2 weeks
> of learning ahead of me, so I probably can´t contribute anything
> meaningful, but I´ll start to relearn a bit C anyway so I´ll gladly
> accept any further version of the code.

With luck I'll find time to look at it myself soon :)

--
Stewart Smith (stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.flamingspork.com/