Re: AF9005 not installable anymore?

Luca Olivetti wrote:
En/na P. van Gaans ha escrit:

It seems the driver from /hg/~manu/af9005 can't be used on a recent v4l-dvb version? Possibly I'm just messing up or I should use another directory or something, but I could imagine that code that wasn't changed for 2 weeks gets incompatible. Any help?

A new device has been added in the meantime, so the patch doesn't apply cleanly anymore. You have to hand edit linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/Kconfig adding the missing lines at the end:

config DVB_USB_AF9005
        tristate "Afatech AF9005 DVB-T USB1.1 support"
        depends on DVB_USB
        select DVB_TUNER_MT2060 if !DVB_FE_CUSTOMISE
        help
Say Y here to support the Afatech AF9005 based DVB-T USB1.1 receiver
          and the TerraTec Cinergy T USB XE (Rev.1)

config DVB_USB_AF9005_REMOTE
        tristate "Afatech AF9005 default remote control support"
        depends on DVB_USB_AF9005
        help
          Say Y here to support the default remote control decoding for the
          Afatech AF9005 based receiver.

Or just use the complete /hg/~manu/af9005 tree.

Would it be possible to push the driver to the main repository?

Bye

Yes, that's what the error was about. Pushing it to the main repository would be great (wrote that in the title of this message as well to draw some attention, I'm not sure who is responsible for this). *second try* why isn't linux-dvb in the reply-to.. *shame*