Re: Small patch into opera1.c to make FPGA firmware load visible

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, CIJOML wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thinks this patch should clean many problems with firmware upload when
> device doesn't swith to warm state:
>
> -       info("start downloading fpga firmware");
> +       printk("FPGA firmware download starts...\n");

info() is a macro that just expands to printk(), so this patch doesn't
change much of anything at all.

I think what you might be seeing is that the info() call gives the firmware
downloading message INFO priority.  The message might not appear in some
log files that only contain more important messages.  Your patch isn't
making the firmware load, it's just letting you see the message where you
are looking.