Re: Australia and the DViCO Dual Digital 4

I am a complete newby with this however I have a divco Dual Digital 4 which i would like to make work with Ubuntu. I live in Lismore NSW and if I can be of help please explain what you would like me to do.
Ubuntu Edgy does not even recognize the card in dmesg.

Cheers
Stuart

ras243-dvb@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
--- Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am quite sure that you are correct.  In my xc-bluebird patch, the
zl10353 is configured with the same settings that work with the xc3028
inside the em2880 driver.  the zl10353 driver itself *is* working for
other devices in Australia using tuners other than the xc3028.

All evidence points to the pact that we're missing the correct firmware
for use in AU.  If you can capture that firmware, try to get the driver
to use it, with the code as-is after applying the xc-bluebird patch.  If
it works, then you'll have some happy list readers.  Let me know how it
turns out.

I just spent the last two hours trying to get the firmware out of the usb logs
without success.  Everytime I checked the STATUS_0 register on the ZL10353 I
ended up with nothing whereas at least with the v3 firmware I had the AGC_LOCK
and SYM_LOCK bits set.  To cut a long story short I went back to the v3
software and got a full lock coming out of the status registers: 0=0xef 1=0x33
2=0x00 3=0x57.  I've also been messing around with the data being sent to the
XC3028 so I just have to figure out what I did but it's looking like we may
have success.

Cheers,
Roger.