Re: Australia and the DViCO Dual Digital 4

--- Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am quite sure that you are correct.  In my xc-bluebird patch, the
> zl10353 is configured with the same settings that work with the xc3028
> inside the em2880 driver.  the zl10353 driver itself *is* working for
> other devices in Australia using tuners other than the xc3028.
>
> All evidence points to the pact that we're missing the correct firmware
> for use in AU.  If you can capture that firmware, try to get the driver
> to use it, with the code as-is after applying the xc-bluebird patch.  If
> it works, then you'll have some happy list readers.  Let me know how it
> turns out.

I just spent the last two hours trying to get the firmware out of the usb logs
without success.  Everytime I checked the STATUS_0 register on the ZL10353 I
ended up with nothing whereas at least with the v3 firmware I had the AGC_LOCK
and SYM_LOCK bits set.  To cut a long story short I went back to the v3
software and got a full lock coming out of the status registers: 0=0xef 1=0x33
2=0x00 3=0x57.  I've also been messing around with the data being sent to the
XC3028 so I just have to figure out what I did but it's looking like we may
have success.

Cheers,
Roger.