Re: Suggestions for T750

On 4/24/07, Markus Rechberger <mrechberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/24/07, John Newbigin <jnewbigin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Markus Rechberger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > did you see the existing xc3028 driver on mcentral.de?
> >
> > http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/v4l-dvb-experimental/
> > xc3028-tuner.c (it's implemented in the em28xx, saa7134 and cx88 there)
> I xc3028 code I have seen is tied to the em28xx driver.  Are there any
> instructions for using this experimental code?  I am currently working off
>
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

the experimental tree is just the same as
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb it just includes support for around 60
more devices

http://linuxtv.org/repo/

(just replace http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb with
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb-experimental)

this was too fast it should be:
http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/v4l-dvb-experimental

The code isn't tied to the em28xx in the experimental tree (it's used
with cx88, saa7134 and em28xx)

Best would be to look at em2880-dvb how it's implemented there.

http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php/Em2880#Installation

the installation instruction for em28xx based devices should also
apply for your version.

best regards,

Markus

> I have the correct firmware for this card but I don't know how to
> 'package' it to work with the 3028 driver.
>
> Where possible I certainly want to use reuse the existing code.
>
> The T750 is a SAA7134(5) based PCI card.  The card also has digital
> based on the XL10353 and QT1010.
>
> John.
> >
> > That driver supports xc3028, xc2028, xc3018 chips, you might have some
> > issues with the firmwares, best would be to try existing packages.
> >
> > What kind of device is that?
> > PCI/Conexant, or something else?
> >
> > Markus
> >
> > On 4/23/07, John Newbigin <jnewbigin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Here I go replying to myself again.
> >>
> >> I have had some success with loading the firmware.  I has a suspicion
> >> that I needed to twiddle the GPIO pins but could not get it to work.
> >> Studying the xc3028 driver showed me the way.  The GPIO needs to be
> >> first cleared and then set before continuing.
> >>
> >> The xc3028 is very similar to the xc2028 and they could use a common
> >> driver.  I don't understand how the firmware file is stored for the
> >> xc3028 though.  I assume that multiple chunks are encoded into one file
> >> somehow.
> >>
> >> There is also another firmware chunk which is needed for FM radio
> >> support so I don't know how that would be added.
> >>
> >> Anyway, I have loading firmware but still no TV.  I think I am close
> >> though.
> >>
> >> i2c traces and firmware can be downloaded from here
> >> http://www.chrysocome.net/downloads/t750-logs-0.1.tar.gz
> >>
> >> I'll try and clean up my code and post a patch tomorrow.
> >>
> >> John.

> >> large.

Markus Rechberger

--