Suggestions for T750

I have made some slow progress with the T750. I have implemented loading the firmware for the CX2028 but I have hit a problem.

After loading the firmware, there are some commands (known as the 'MAGIC VALUES') which need to be issued. These are the same as for the CX3028. After this final write, my card does another write and then a read, but when I attempt the final read command the chip locks up and returns BUSY.

Once this happens, the card has to be powered off to reset everything.

Can anyone offer some suggestions of things to try. I have the feeling I am very close.

I have i2c traces if anyone wants to see them but they are quite large.

John.