Re: Technotrend DVB-C C-1200 TT-Connect

I have one of these devices running under kernel 2.6.18 with MythTV
(Gentoo). I am seeing a lot of artefacts and picture jitter while
watching live tv. I suspect this has something to do with speed of USB
1.1.

I am able to reboot into Windows and test the device with the original
device drivers under ProgDVB. Under windows, I see no such artefacts
or jitter and everything appears to work fine. One thing that I
noticed though is that the LED on the front of the device changes to
RED when watching a programme under Windows. Under Linux, the driver
loads correctly, but the LED stays GREEN. I am battling to find any
documentation with regard to what this means.

Does anyone have any experience with this device who can point me in
the right direction? Have you had similar problems etc? Any assistance
would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I would like to buy the same card to receive DVB-C from Virgin Media in the UK.
It seems that this is the only DVB-C USB card supported by Linux (and
one of the very few existing).
I've sent recently a couple of mails to the mailing list trying to get
some info about it, but they went both unanswered.
I've found the card on eBay for 80 EUR, but I would like to know
whether (and how) it works before proceeding.

Btw, which cable provider do you have?

Cheers